Congratulations to our 2023 ILANZ Award finalists - view here.
The ILANZ Awards celebrate the in-house legal profession’s leadership and excellence in the provision of legal services in Aotearoa, New Zealand.
We are pleased to bring to you a new award, the ILANZ Sole In-house Lawyer of the Year Award, which recognises an in-house lawyer who operates an in-house legal function (either as a standalone function or as part of a specific business unit or function within the organisation) and has made a valuable contribution to their organisation.
- MC Public Sector In-house Lawyer of the Year
- Greenwood Roche Private Sector In-house Lawyer of the Year
- MAS New In-house Lawyer of the Year
- Sole In-house Lawyer of the Year
- Tompkins Wake Small In-house Team of the Year*
- Chapman Tripp Private Sector In-house Team of the Year
- Public Sector In-house Team of the Year
- Simpson Grierson People & Culture Excellence Award
- Artemis In-house Innovation Award
- ComplyWith Community Contribution Award
How to submit a nomination?
- Download the fillable nomination form below
- Submit the nomination form and any supporting documents mentioned in the form to ILANZ via email: ILANZ Awards Committee, c/- Bev Armstrong, ILANZ Manager, [email protected] no later than 5pm, Friday 31 March.
- (extended 2 weeks) Friday, 31 March: Nominations close at 5pm
- Friday, 28 July: Winners announced at the Niche Gala Dinner
Award category limits
- A person can only be nominated in one of the individual award categories
- An in-house team can only be nominated in one of the team award categories
- A person or team may also be nominated for one or more special award categories
- If nominations are received for a person or team outside these award category limits, the judges may disregard, re-categorise or merge the entries in their sole discretion.
- ILANZ Executive Members (being the ILANZ President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary) cannot be nominated in any individual award categories (but their colleagues and teams can be nominated for any other individual or team award categories)
All lawyers employed or engaged by organisations in an in-house capacity and holding a current NZLS in-house practicing certificate are eligible for the 2023 Awards.
The 2023 award period runs from 1 March 2022 until nomination closing date. Activities started prior to 1 March be included in nominations as long they continued into the award period.
Please note there are specific eligibility criteria for some awards. Members of the judging panels and the ILANZ Executive Committee members are not eligible for consideration in the individual award categories.