Legal Counsel - Powerco - Tauranga, Wellington, Palmerston North or New Plymouth
Here at Powerco, we're busy keeping the lights on and gas flowing to more than 430,000 homes, businesses and organisations across the North Island. If you're an experienced lawyer looking for your next challenge, it's time to join the fast-paced, exciting company that powers NZ's largest electricity distribution network.
We have an exciting in-house legal counsel role available, reporting to the Senior Legal Counsel as part of a team of four lawyers. The role is a permanent position available full-time, but could be part-time for the right candidate.
We are looking for someone to join our high performing, fun and progressive team, with great people skills and the ability to work independently alongside the business.
We are increasingly using legal technology and automation, so you will be working with technology to deliver process improvements and better business outcomes.
You will be providing practical, solution focused advice across our electricity, gas and business support teams on a wide range of contracts and legal issues as well as having the opportunity to work on larger projects.
As well as general commercial and contract experience, an interest or knowledge in the following areas would be a plus:
- Legal technology
- Process, policy, and knowledge management
- Data analytics
The person we are looking for will need:
- a law degree
- ideally a minimum of four years experience in a quality legal environment (in-house experience would be useful)
- proven communication skills, especially written skills with the ability to communicate legal advice to non-lawyers
- the ability to quickly understand Powercos business and energy and infrastructure industry issues
- to exercise sound judgement
- to be outcome focused.
Applications close Friday, 13 September 2019.
To apply, please follow this link: https://jobs.bfound.net/Jobs/148939?CoId=2014