- Be involved in work that truly influences change.
- Work with and learn from the best.
- Option to be based in either Auckland or Wellington
The Financial Markets Authority (FMA) has a critical role in regulating capital markets and financial services in New Zealand and providing better outcomes for investors, consumers, professionals, businesses, and for the New Zealand economy.
We have an opportunity for a Solicitor to join our Corporate Legal Team, which sits within the FMA’s broader General Counsel function. This role can be based in either our Auckland or Wellington offices.
Our General Counsel function enables and supports the FMA to promote and facilitate the development of fair, efficient and transparent markets through the provision of the holistic, pragmatic and high quality legal and policy advice, while also providing independent assurance that internal processes are operating effectively.
This is an in-house corporate legal role with a wide range of responsibilities
- working with the FMA's front line operational teams to manage legal issues in relation to our engagement with market participants,
- engaging with market participants and their advisers in relation to legal issues,
- supporting innovation by acting as key support for entities developing new products and services to provide guidance as to applicable laws and compliance requirements,
- providing advice within the FMA on the use of regulatory tools in response to non-compliance,
- leading individual exemption and designation work and advising on class exemptions and designations, and
- contributing to policy development, FMA guidance, and key projects within the FMA.
You will be an open, outgoing person who enjoys working in a team, but is also highly productive working independently. You will be technically excellent and ideally have financial services or regulatory experience. Your enthusiasm, self-motivation and confidence will help drive your success in this role.
In return we'll offer you the chance to join a friendly, approachable team of highly experienced professionals and an organisation with a strong commitment to wellness and life/work balance.
If this sounds like you then this opportunity could be the next step in your career - apply now! View the position description online by clicking this link or for further information or confidential enquires you can contact Jessi Kadow on (09) 967 1237. Applications close 23 February 2020.
The Financial Markets Authority is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and is committed to maintaining an inclusive culture where all employees have the opportunity to reach their potential. We recognise that our continued success is dependent on the performance and ability of our employees.