- Ideal in-house opportunity for talented, senior M&A lawyer
- High-performing legal team and business
- Flexibility to be based in Auckland, Wellington or Sydney
Here is an outstanding opportunity for a talented corporate M&A lawyer seeking high quality transactional experience within a collegial and supportive in-house legal team.
Our client is a New Zealand based infrastructure investor, with significant assets under management in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and North America. With a mandate to invest wisely to create long term value for clients, the environment and society, our client plays an important role enhancing the economic potential of the regions they operate in.
Reporting to the Head of Legal and working as part of an effective and focused senior legal team, you provide timely, high quality legal advice on a range of matters impacting the business. A key focus of the role will be to undertake corporate M&A transactional work within the team. In particular you will work collaboratively with external law firms on both national and global transactions relating to investment origination, asset management and divestment activities. This includes managing legal due diligence, negotiating transaction documents, advising on structuring considerations and shareholder arrangements, debt financing arrangements and other legal and commercial inputs. You will have direct involvement with senior executives and investment professionals and gain exposure to a wide variety of businesses, sectors and jurisdictions.
The ideal candidate we seek will possess the following:
- A tertiary qualification in law and current NZ practising certificate (or eligibility to hold one)
- A minimum of eight years' PQE in corporate and commercial law
- Deep experience in corporate transactions including mergers and acquisitions, with experience in Australia, the US and/or the UK a plus
- The ability to manage transactions independently using external lawyers
- A meticulous, proactive, commercial, solutions-focused approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills
This is a rare and unique in-house opportunity for a corporate transactional lawyer, and one of the few in-house roles in NZ offering a significant component of global M&A work. This role offers the perfect combination of exposure to interesting and challenging transactions with a global dimension, and the flexibility to be based in Auckland, Wellington or Sydney. This is an outstanding opportunity to grow and develop your in-house career within a business that is delivering superior results, and to start 2020 on an exciting career trajectory!
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact Jennifer Williams at Williams Legal Recruitment on 027 220 8003 or email firstname.lastname@example.org