At Vodafone, we’re committed to providing you with a great workplace environment where you can manage both home and work commitments through our leading flexible working practises. We value the diversity of thought, perspective and backgrounds our people bring to work with them every day. We support our communities through the Vodafone New Zealand Foundation with an ambitious goal to halve the number of disadvantaged young people in Aotearoa by 2027. Our world-leading Wellbeing program supports your holistic wellness and connects you with the tools, skills and people that enable you to be at your best on a daily basis.
We currently have an opportunity where we can offer fantastic experience working as a Senior Legal Counsel with a talented team in a dynamic industry. In return you will get exposure across a wide range of matters, you will be supported (but work with great autonomy) and have the ability to work in a flexible and digital environment amongst other great things!
In your new role as Senior Legal Counsel, you will provide customer focussed legal services to Vodafone New Zealand. You will work flexibly and autonomously on a broad range of legal matters in a way that puts customers at the centre of what we do.
What Will I be Doing?
- Supporting Director and Lead Counsel to deliver prioritised business outcomes.
- Leading capability and innovation within the Legal team and the wider business to support effectiveness and new ways of working.
- Legal services, including:
- Advising on a wide range of opportunities and challenges faced by the Consumer Business Unit.
- Supporting revenue generating activities of Consumer and SME, including reviewing high volumes of marketing collateral to identify consumer and fair-trading risks.
- Supporting implementation of margin improvement activities including, price and service changes.
- Assisting with Vodafone’s response to regulatory investigations, Advertising Standards Authority complaints and competitor disputes.
- Assisting with the resolution of complex customer disputes.
- Reviewing business actions with potential to have material customer impacts.
- Developing and supporting Legal Counsel, including through day-to-day management where agreed with Lead Counsel.
- Building strong relationships of trust and confidence with key stakeholders by:
- Modelling consistent leadership values and behaviours.
- Proactively identifying opportunities for simplification and building legal capability
- Leading projects to improve existing processes and tools to support business outcomes.
- Developing standard legal tools and guidance.
What Will I bring?
- Sound knowledge and experience of consumer law, including the Fair Trading Act 1986 and Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
- Knowledge and experience across a broader range of legal issues.
- A positive can-do attitude, a ‘team first’ approach and desire to contribute to culture and engagement.
- A track record of owning and leading a wide range of matters and projects.
- Flexibility, growth mindset and openness to challenge.
- Simplicity in how you advise coupled with excellent commercial sense and judgement, and a pragmatic outcome focussed approach.
- Attuned to business priorities and requirements.
- High tolerance for change and ambiguity.
- Ability to navigate challenges and complexity, and apply creative solutions to deliver business outcomes.
- Strong self-management, agility and resilience.
- Admitted as Barrister and Solicitor in New Zealand
- >10 years’ relevant PQE (with preference for experience gained in private practice and/or in-house)
As well as a competitive salary; you’ll also receive a range of benefits by being part of the Vodafone team. You’ll have access to; health insurance for you and your whānau, a fully subsidized mobile plan and smartphone for business and personal use*, the ability to work flexibly, “My Day” Leave for that day when you just need time out, two weeks paid volunteer time to support your community and when you need it, access to our world-leading parental leave policy.
Joining the Vodafone whānau will stretch you, challenge you and provide opportunities you’ve been seeking to expand your career. You’ll engage in unique workplace experiences, be exposed to exciting and innovative technology, and gain opportunities for learning beyond Aotearoa.
To apply, follow this link.
Me mahi tahi tātou mo te oranga o te katoa. We work together for the benefit of all.
The future is exciting… Ready?