The Role and Opportunity
With a recently refreshed Vision and Science Plan, AgResearch is focused on cementing our place in New Zealand's economy as the organisation that is driving the world's leading edge, sustainable agricultural production systems, along with the most sought-after food and bio products.
To achieve this, we require smart, innovative and flexible people. Our Finance & Business Performance Group based in Lincoln, Christchurch is looking for a talented Senior Legal Counsel to join the Legal team. Reporting to the Chief Legal Counsel, you will provide high quality legal advice and services to AgResearch, its subsidiaries and other related parties. You will thrive on building relationships, collaborating and interpreting complex and detailed information.
This will be a fixed term role for a period of 9-12 months to cover parental leave, based in Lincoln.
What you will be doing
- Responding to a wide variety of requests from across the business, which will include:
- the provision of legal advice in relation to research
- business contracts, procurement, commercial ventures, governance, company administration, property matters, ICT contracts, legislative compliance, risk, dispute resolution
- the review and development of internal company policy
- Working with a number of internal and external stakeholders
- Reviewing and developing AgResearch's processes to align with best practice.
Your ideal background
- Bachelor of Laws
- Ideally at least 8 plus years' experience practising in relevant areas of commercial law
- Admitted as a Barrister & Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand
- New Zealand Practising Certificate
- Legal experience in private practice and in house (with medium to large sized organisations) is highly desirable
- IP, ICT and / or Property law experience advantageous.
Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates with the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
AgResearch provide a diverse range of benefits including flexible working options that help our staff balance their own lifestyle and needs with their work commitments. You can view the full list here: http://www.agresearchcareers.co.nz/working-here/our-benefits/
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply online today with a covering letter detailing why you feel you would be suitable for this position.
For a confidential discussion contact Eleni Psaltis (Chief Legal Counsel) via email at Eleni.Psaltis@agresearch.co.nz.
Applications close: 3 March 2020 at 5.00pm.