This company is a leading New Zealand insurance company. They are a well-regarded market leader in their industry sector and they have a reputation for being innovative and cutting edge in terms of the way they conduct business and the products they provide. They need someone to come in for at least six months, with a good chance of that being extended or potentially made permanent.
The company is looking for a senior corporate commercial lawyer, preferably with some prior in-house experience in insurance or financial services, to work across commercial contracts, procurement, corporate governance, regulatory, risk and compliance Working as senior counsel in a small close knit team reporting to the General Counsel, in this newly created role you will establish and build on key relationships with people across the business and will have proven communication and relationship skills allowing you to engage with and build strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
You'll need to:
- Have at least six or more years’ post qualification experience in corporate commercial law,
- Ideally a mix private practice and in-house experience in legal team in a corporate entity here or offshore.
- Have strong communication and relationship skills and a good sense of humour.
- Be admitted in New Zealand.
- Be a self-motivated senior lawyer who is able to work well, both individually and collaboratively on key initiatives and projects.
In return you'll be well remunerated in terms of both a very competitive market rate base salary along with additional incentives and other benefits. Working closely with management team, you will be able to make a significant difference through helping to set the strategic direction of the business.
If you would be interested in having a totally confidential no obligation chat about this role or your legal career more generally then call Mark on (09) 300 6876 quoting reference AA002723