- Join one of New Zealand’s major civil and commercial construction contractors
- Range of construction-related work and career development opportunities
- Thrive in an environment of collaboration and continuous improvement
About the company
The Fletcher Construction Company is a strong family of connected brands and businesses partnering with customers to create spaces and places that work for people. This growing business has 3500 people across five business units – Higgins, Brian Perry Civil, Buildings, Infrastructure and South Pacific. Since 1909, Fletcher Construction have planned, designed, built, maintained and managed significant national infrastructure for the benefit of communities in New Zealand and the South Pacific. Safety is at the heart of the business with a strong investment in sustainability for the future.
About the role
Due to an internal transfer, this pivotal senior role is available. Here is your opportunity to join a collegial and high performing legal team providing practical and commercial legal advice to The Fletcher Construction businesses.
Variety is guaranteed. You will provide legal advice on tender reviews and joint venture arrangements, lead negotiations on major contracts, provide ongoing project delivery advice, assist with governance requirements and some dispute management. There is scope for this role to encompass advice on general contracting, procurement, environmental, and health and safety issues.
Your enthusiastic and collaborative attitude will ensure you provide excellent support to the General Counsel for the Construction Division and contribute positively to the overall performance, wellbeing, and collegiality of the Fletcher Building legal team. Working together, you will be part of something worthwhile - creating better communities, economies, and ultimately better lives every day.
What we’re looking for:
- At least 10 years’ PQE, with excellent construction/commercial law knowledge and experience
- High quality private practice and (ideally although not essential) inhouse experience, and a current NZ legal practising certificate
- experience reviewing, negotiating, and drafting contracts
- Experience acting for a Contractor on Infrastructure/Engineering projects preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop relationships of trust and confidence at all levels of the business
How do I apply?
Click on “Apply Now” here. Alternatively, contact us directly and quote reference number 1040228.
Application close date: Wednesday 25 November 2020.
Kathryn Cross BMus LLB
027 700 8049 | [email protected]
At Artemis Executive Recruitment, we connect remarkable people with great places to work.