Senior Corporate Counsel - Property
· Senior influential role
· Great company and team culture
· Excellent mentoring from award winning colleagues
Take the next step in your legal career at a company that is proud to be the backbone of New Zealand’s integrated transport network.
About the role
This is a senior inhouse role for a commercial property lawyer who wants to experience working for a values-led organisation that positively impacts New Zealand’s economy and people every day.
Reporting to the General Counsel, this role will assist the Property, Capital Projects & Asset Development and Legal teams on a range of property transactions including commercial leasing and licensing, project agreements for infrastructure and property development, and property acquisitions and sales.
As a key member of this high performing team, you will take the legal lead supporting the Property team, as they manage KiwiRail’s large property estate and make a significant revenue contribution at KiwiRail and will enjoy involvement in a variety of high-profile strategic projects.
What we’re looking for
· At least 8 years’ PQE relevant commercial property law experience
· High quality private practice and (ideally although not essential) inhouse experience, and a current NZ legal practising certificate.
· Strong commercial acumen with excellent stakeholder and project management skills
· Excellent written communication skills, with an ability to address both expert and non-expert audiences
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with staff across the business
· Solutions focused with positive problem solving
· Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information
About the company
For more than 150 years, KiwiRail has connected communities, delivered goods and people around New Zealand and showcased our spectacular scenery to the world.
Proud to be the backbone of New Zealand’s integrated transport network as well as one of the country’s biggest tourism operators and most significant property owners, KiwiRail manages a diverse range of assets and activities across rail infrastructure, freight, ferries, and tourism to deliver on its purpose:” Stronger Connections. Better New Zealand.”
How do I apply?
Click on “Apply Now”. Alternatively, contact us directly and quote reference number 1157359.
Lara Gordon BA LLB 021 207 6511 | [email protected]
Kathryn Cross BMus LLB 027 700 8049 | [email protected]
At Artemis Executive Recruitment, we connect remarkable people with great places to work.