Zespri is more than simply the world’s single-largest marketer of kiwifruit. We like to think of ourselves as fruit on a mission and as rebels with a cause: to help people, communities and the environment around the world thrive through the goodness of kiwifruit.
We supply one of the world’s healthiest little superfruits to millions of people around the world in more than 50 markets. We are one of New Zealand’s best-known international brands, dedicated to creating sustainable long-term value for growers.
We are growing quickly, driven by our success in engaging more and more consumers and by offering the world’s best kiwifruit 12 months of the year. We have bold ambitions and aim to grow sales from approximately $3 billion in 2018 to $4.5 billion by 2025.
If that’s not reason enough to want to join us, there’s more you should know! We’re a diverse, passionate team built on shared values: on nurturing the personal connections between us and our industry, on challenging ourselves to think big and deliver better, and on acting as guardians for our people, the community and the land. If that sounds like the type of team you’d thrive in, and if you have the skills and competencies for the job, we’d love to hear from you.
Senior Legal Advisor
We have two positions available: One is covering parental leave and the other is a new position created due to growth in the business. Both roles are on an 18 month fixed term contract.
The purpose of the Senior Legal Advisor is to provide timely, pragmatic, strategic and commercial legal advice to all business units. Doing so in a manner which enables the business to achieve its corporate objectives in line with Zespri’s strategy, applicable laws and regulatory requirements.
- Provide advice to the business unit within appropriate timeframes which identifies the legal issues and propose a pragmatic solution
- Understand the legal documents and business operations relevant to the dispute and analyse the legal risk profile of the dispute
- Work with the business unit to try and identify alternatives to formal dispute litigation, and develop strategies for dispute resolution
- Primary responsibility for all matters relating to the Annual Report and any shareholder meetings
- Development and maintenance of intercompany agreements to reflect evolving business operations and global business governance
- Act as legal lead on strategic business projects, as requested by the General Counsel
- Act as primary legal liaison with industry associations and regulatory authorities
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in law and ideally hold a current practicing certificate
- 5+ years of legal practice, including some exposure to corporate, commercial, intellectual property and/or international trade law
- In-house experience would be an asset, but is not required
- Strong written and spoken English
- Additional languages would be an asset but are not required
All applications should be submitted by Friday 27th March 2020.