- Auckland, Wellington, or Tauranga location!
- Senior lawyer — fixed term contract
- Work in an award winning legal team
About The Role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a senior lawyer to join our award-winning and highly regarded Legal Group. Reporting to the Acting Associate General Counsel — Retail & Business Banking, you’ll advise and work to help ANZ meet recent consumer credit law changes.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work collaboratively with other lawyers, project staff, and key stakeholders on ANZ’s significant consumer credit law project;
- Provide quality, timely, and practical legal advice to help ANZ achieve its goal of delivering good outcomes for customers when they borrow
- Offer clear, commercial advice to large regulatory and technology projects
Location: Auckland, Wellington, or Tauranga
Role Type: Fixed Term Contract – 12 months
To grow and be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
- A minimum LLB qualification and a current New Zealand practicing certificate
- Significant years post qualification experience (10 years +) and strong business awareness
- Proficiency in consumer credit law, banking, finance, and consumer protection laws. Experience advising businesses implementing law reforms is also important
- Confident working with a range of people at all levels of organisations, with a proven ability to gain the respect of, and influence, internal and external stakeholders
- Capable managing competing priorities and be comfortable working to understand and address the business impacts of advice you give
- An understanding of technology development and Agile methodology would be an advantage
Our purpose is to shape a world where people and communities thrive. That’s why we strive to create a balanced, sustainable economy in which everyone can take part and build a better life. By helping people make the most of what they have, we transform ideas, hard work and ambition into reality.
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics.
The ANZ values are the foundation of how we work and support our customers.
Integrity – We are honest and fair
Collaboration – We work together for the customer
Accountability – We take ownership and get things done
Respect – We care for all those we serve
Excellence – We challenge ourselves to be better
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you.
ANZ recognises the importance of flexible working, watch our Global Stories to see how ANZ aims to meet the needs of our customers and to attract and retain the best people in a changing world.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit anz.co.nz/careers
You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for the reference number NEW041855.
Applications close Monday 21st September.