Associate Counsel, Corporate
Employing over 500 staff in what is indisputably one of the most stunning locations in the country, Queenstown Lakes District Council is at the very heart of a dynamic community. Our services are essential to the people in our region and include infrastructure development, community recreational facilities and planning, building and other regulatory services.
Following an internal promotion, we have a fantastic opportunity for a talented senior lawyer to lead the corporate legal team within the Council.
The Associate Counsel will be responsible for managing the Legal Counsel, and will form part of the wider legal team. Maintaining and building on the strong existing culture within the team and across the Council is critical.
You may be in private practice, and looking to gain in-house and people management experience, or a seasoned in-house practitioner wanting to make a real difference in a nationally significant location.
You will be exposed to a wide range of interesting and challenging work, delivered internally and through a strong external panel. This is a hands-on role and requires someone well versed in construction, corporate law and ideally some procurement experience. The successful candidate will need a good balance of academic and emotional intelligence.
To be considered for this role, you’ll need:
· 7+ years’ experience
· Excellent oral presentation skills
· Strong written communication skills
· Confidence, with the ability to build, maintain and leverage relationships at all levels
· A successful track record of working autonomously to deliver customer-focused solutions that address underlying needs
· Demonstrated ability to lead and manage staff
· Experience working in the Corporate/Commercial/Construction/Property space
· A NZ Practicing certificate.
In return the successful candidate will receive;
· The opportunity to join a great team
· Competitive market remuneration
· Career progression and training opportunities
· Subsidised Health Insurance
· Discounted health and fitness club rates at our great facilities
· Relocation allowance will be considered for the right candidates For more information on this role, or to apply, please visit https://qldc.qjumpersjobs.co
Applications close: Monday, 4 October 2021