- Permanent opportunity working in a newly created in-house legal role with a global leader in professional services
- Flexible working arrangements available
- Be part of an inclusive and collaborative workplace
Utilise your strong relationship and development skills to provide legal advice to Deloitte on all commercial, corporate, privacy and dispute matters.
What will your typical day look like?
Reporting to the Head of Legal and Regulatory, you will be a key member of the Legal and Regulatory team supporting our business owners by providing expert legal advice and guidance across Deloitte’s services and operations. Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with the management of contentious and regulatory matters involving the firm
- Assisting with privacy, corporate governance and compliance matters as required
- Keeping abreast of relevant regulatory and legislative requirements affecting the business
- Preparing internal precedents and working on other internal Legal team and Deloitte projects as required
- Developing effective working relationships within the Legal & Regulatory team, the business and other key stakeholders
Enough about us, let’s talk about you:
As an experienced legal practitioner, you will have strong practical experience across a broad spectrum of legal matters relevant to Deloitte. You will also have knowledge of key legislation and regulators relevant to Deloitte. You will be collaborative, easily adapt to change, and enjoy the challenge of working in a fast paced and ever changing professional services firm.
You are also someone with:
- A Bachelor of Laws (LLB) (or higher) with a strong academic background
- 5-8 years of legal experience to at least a senior solicitor level (or equivalent) including relevant dispute resolution or regulatory experience.
- Legal experience from working in a top tier law firm, in-house legal experience desirable but not essential;
- Excellent written and communication skills;
- Confidence in communicating with Partners and senior employees both internally/externally
- Dispute resolution experience
- A current NZ practising certificate (or the ability to hold one)
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now.
If you’ve got any questions or wish to have a confidential conversation about this role, contact Chelsee from the Talent Acquisition team on 09 303 0745. We’d love to hear from you!
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.