- Newly created role
- Diverse and stimulating work
- Full Time or Part Time
- Auckland based
Here is a great opportunity to join an astute and dedicated in-house legal team delivering high quality, commercially sound legal advice to this thriving, dynamic business.
About the company
This innovative, multi-site business operates in partnership with communities and businesses throughout New Zealand to preserve the country's natural beauty and resources. With a strong focus on developing sustainable solutions and a passionate team of over 1,000 staff, this successful business strives to produce the best outcomes for its customers and the environment.
About the role
As a result of business growth, a new role has been created in the legal team. Reporting to the General Counsel, you will be an integral part of a supportive and highly valued legal team, and work proactively with the business to manage legal and commercial risk. The senior management team actively seek the legal team's input in all areas, so you will be someone who enjoys getting involved, learning about the business; its services, customers and people, and building relationships at all levels. The scope of the legal work is broad and diverse and includes commercial agreements, corporate transaction support, litigation and disputes, consumer and competition related issues, health and safety, resource management and property law matters. In addition, you will drive legal projects forward and manage external counsel in specialist areas.
What we are looking for
- Qualified lawyer with NZ practising certificate (or eligibility to hold one)
- Mid to senior level experience gained in private practice or in-house
- Sound legal experience in areas which may include commercial, corporate, property and/or litigation
- Sound judgement in assessing and balancing legal risks
- Great communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships at all levels
- The ability to juggle competing priorities and make decisions with confidence
- An approachable, positive and enthusiastic style
This is a great opportunity to be part of a diverse and inclusive business culture and enhance your skills in a supportive team focused environment. With the option to work full time or part time and plenty of flexibility on offer including WFH options, here is the chance to achieve an enviable work life balance in an environment where your efforts and initiatives will be appreciated and valued.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact Jennifer Williams at Williams Legal Recruitment on 027 220 8003 or [email protected]