Who are we?
Ultrafast Fibre (UFF) is leading New Zealand's ultrafast broadband revolution. Our team is focused on enhancing the experiences of our customers, as they connect to our world-class UltraFast Broadband (UFB) network and experience what it means to truly 'go faster'.
Our vision is to enable more New Zealanders to tap into all the benefits that UFB brings. We believe that high-speed internet will enhance and, in many ways, revolutionise the way New Zealanders communicate, work, play, learn and are entertained online.
What will the role involve?
We are looking for an experienced Legal Counsel to join us in supporting our General Counsel in the delivery of sound legal and regulatory support for the organisation, to protect the best interests of UFF and its stakeholders. This role requires you to proactively identify and deliver the right legal tools and support for the business to achieve its strategic outcomes, which will involve quickly forming effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
The role will include the following:
- Providing legal advice on contract term and issues, and drafting and reviewing contracts and supporting teams with their contract processes
- Assisting teams by providing legal input into the creation and ownership of standard forms and processes
- Managing company legal compliance
- Supporting teams to make informed decisions that are in line with the company's obligations at law and to its shareholders and under the UFB contracts with the Crown and retailers
- Providing specific legal advice and managing external legal support to the business
- Assisting the General Counsel to prepare regulatory submissions
- Deliver legal updates to staff
What will you need to bring with you?
To be successful in this role you will need to have the following:
- Been admitted as a solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand
- Ideally at least five years' post qualification experience (preferably with previous in-house experience)
- Experience in corporate law and working with commercial contracts
- Experience in property law and/or in a telco or other utility would be an advantage
A detailed position description can be viewed on our careers page.
UFF offers a competitive package, a supportive working environment and we promote and encourage flexible working. If you feel this position is a good fit for your skills, experience and future career aspirations please follow this link and submit an online application.