- Keen to join an award-winning company who walks the talk on flexi working?
- Like the sound of a permanent part time role where no day is the same?
- Want to join an iconic kiwi FMCG company as the sole legal counsel?
We’re on the hunt for an experienced, self-motivated and collaborative team player to join our team as Legal Counsel, in a permanent part time role (ideally 32 hours per week, with flex around how these hours are worked for the right candidate). Reporting to our Chief Financial Officer, this pivotal role sits within our Senior Management Group and is based at our Head Office in Ellerslie, Auckland with onsite parking and a steady supply of snacks on hand.
Here at The Griffin’s Food Company, we’re proud of our heritage and being New Zealand’s largest snack food company, producing many iconic and much-loved kiwi brands, including Griffin’s, Huntley & Palmers, Eta and Nice & Natural. We’re looking for a qualified legal counsel with strong business acumen, commercial judgement and exceptional stakeholder management to join us on our growth journey and help us to write our next winning chapter!
This diverse role will be focused on providing legal counsel and services to a broad range of stakeholders, across a number of sites and functions.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Providing pragmatic, commercial legal advice at all levels of the company, working to minimise and mitigate legal and reputational risks to the business
- Partnering cross functionally with stakeholders to provide relevant and tailored counsel (including Human Resources, Marketing, Sales, Procurement and Operations)
- Preparing and negotiating a wide range of contractual matters, including for procurement and CAPEX projects
- Supporting the CFO with respect to legal aspects of projects, M&A and governance matters
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with external legal partners, engaging with them when required
- Keeping up to date with changes to legislation and communicating any impact to the business
What you’ll bring to the role?
- 5+ years’ experience in leading corporate or law firm (and an extra tick if you have worked within FMCG)
- Tertiary qualified with a law degree
- Demonstrated experience working at an Executive Team level
- Ideally, you’ll have experience in advising on consumer law, food law, competition law, trade-mark considerations & privacy, and will be familiar with ASA Codes
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills, enabling you to quickly build rapport and influence as needed
- An eye for detail– you don’t miss a thing and have strong analytical, drafting and negotiating skills
- Exceptional organisational skills – you are experienced at juggling a few balls at once and can prioritise as you go, meeting deadlines and managing expectations
- A knack for anticipating and resolving potential issues before they escalate!
- Diplomacy and a sense of discretion
- Resilience, positivity and a solutions-focused approach – nothing is ever a problem!
What can you expect in return?
In addition to having plenty of snacks on hand, you can expect a supportive working environment with an inspiring leader, where you'll feel engaged and valued, career growth opportunities, flexible working options and a focus on health and wellness to make your workplace more enjoyable – including Wellbeing Days and a free gym membership!
If you have the experience and you wish to join a company where you can have pride and passion in what you do, please apply online via this link: https://recruit.chillifactor.co.nz/jobs/view?id=9534&source=Direct
Applications close end of day Sunday 24 October 2021
Here at The Griffin’s Food Company, the health and safety of our people is our top priority. We are reviewing and responding accordingly to COVID-19 government guidance and as a result, our recruitment processes can take a little longer than usual. We thank you for your patience as we do our best to care for all of our people - employees, future employees and customers!