Serko is an award-winning business travel and expense software company. We're already the established leader in Australasia and revolutionizing the way people do business travel in the USA and Europe - and we're growing!
While the world of business travel is changing, we're preparing companies for this with intelligent technology that helps them ensure the continued safety and wellbeing of their travelers - allowing for complex approvals where needed, giving real-time information about precautions taken by transport and accommodation suppliers, tracking and restricting travel around the globe, increasing the flexibility of bookings, giving true visibility and control over costs - and we're not stopping there. We're backed by the likes of Booking.com and there is an exciting road ahead of us at a time where travel needs real, impactful change.
We're hiring people from different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to help us build a world-class team and product.
We're looking for a talented Legal Counsel to join our small legal team where you will partner with people across Serko to deliver our strategic objectives, provide pragmatic legal advice and support day-to-day legal tasks.
Applicants must hold a current practising certificate from New Zealand, Australia, UK or USA
What you'll be doing
- Negotiating terms with resellers, customers, partners and suppliers
- Advising on regulatory issues such as privacy laws
- Supporting compliance matters relating to Serko's listing on the New Zealand and Australian stock exchanges
- Assisting with Serko Limited and subsidiary company compliance obligations globally
- Assisting with the delivery of best practice corporate governance, including reviewing and amending governance policies and assisting with preparation of board papers
What you'll bring to the team
- 3 to 7 years' post-admission experience, preferably with a combination of private practice and inhouse or secondment experience
- Ideally experience in corporate / commercial law (privacy law would be great too)
- Self motivation, with the ability to work well in a small team and get stuck in to anything that comes your way
- Strong relationship management and problem solving skills, with a collaborative approach
- Great analytical skills, with an eye for detail
- Great verbal and written communication skills
Serko's people are rewarded for their efforts with a great salary, competitive benefits, flexible remote working, and awesome offices with games, exceptional coffee, fresh fruit and snacks, and a great social atmosphere. Our environment is upbeat, energetic and fun - and we look for people to add to our culture, not just fit our culture. We value people who have personal integrity, are adaptable, and are courageous with what they do. The pace is energetic, and Serko's people work collaboratively with energy and enthusiasm - so you'll want to be up for the ride. If you're up for a challenge with an organisation at its most crucial time in history and are excited about joining our team in Auckland, we'd love to hear from you.
To find out more about working at Serko click here.
Serko is a NZ Immigration Accredited Employer.
We'd love to hear from you. Please click here to include a cover letter with your CV, telling us why you'd like to join us at Serko.
If you have any questions or would like to hear more about the role, please contact Enjel Phoon, Senior Legal Counsel, at [email protected] or 022 355 2955.