- Rare in-house property role for 2022!
- Dynamic, privately-owned NZ business
- Flexible working options
- CBD Auckland
Here is a rare opportunity for a talented property lawyer to join the in-house legal team of one of New Zealand's largest private property developers.
About the company
This developer and investor has a strong track record and reputation for creating carefully curated, quality places for people and families to enjoy. With a focus on designing communities and lifestyles, from apartments and student accommodation to quality homes and master-planned communities, this dynamic business continues to thrive.
About the role
Reporting to the General Counsel and working as part of a highly collegial and supportive legal team, you will be involved in a broad range of legal matters relating to property development projects and proposals. You will provide legal advice at all stages of the project cycle from initial due diligence and evaluation of business opportunities through to the settlement and subsequent development and construction phase. There is also the opportunity to broaden your experience in other legal areas including corporate, commercial, compliance and environmental law.
You will enjoy interactions at all levels of the business working with experts in areas of planning, strategy, finance, sales and marketing and project management. You will also work closely with external legal advisors, contractors and local authorities to achieve successful outcomes for the business. Flexible working options are available.
What we are looking for
- Qualified lawyer with NZ practising certificate (or eligibility to hold one)
- Mid to senior level property law experience
- Expertise in commercial and/or residential land development with knowledge of planning and subdivision requirements would be an advantage
- Some experience in construction law matters and projects would be welcome
- General experience in reviewing and negotiating contacts with the ability to advise on a variety of legal issues
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Initiative, team focus and a pragmatic and practical approach
This is an ideal opportunity for a talented and self-motivated property lawyer seeking change and new challenge in 2022. You will join a friendly, engaged and supportive legal team involved in an interesting array of legal work and providing high quality advice within a dynamic, fast paced business.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity and to obtain a copy of the position description please contact Jennifer Williams at Williams Legal Recruitment on 027 220 8003 or email [email protected]