Reporting to the General Counsel, the Legal Counsel will provide functional support for the Legal Department and the Research & Business Partnerships Department by providing specialised expertise in the following areas:
- Advice on commercial contractual arrangements
- Advice on intellectual property
- Contract advisory and negotiation support
- Contract process management
- Knowledge translation and management including commercialisation.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- At least 8 years post-qualification experience (including at least 3 years working in private practice)
- At least five years working at an intermediate level or higher in-house (public or private sector) preferably in an organisation operating in a technical sector of the economy
- In-depth understanding and experience of contract, commercial and IP law
- Demonstrated ability to manage productivity in ad hoc teams such as those formed during proposal development and pre-contracting
- Demonstrated ability to use influence to manage team productivity without having line-management authority
- Excellent written and spoken fluency in the English-language
GNS Science, Te Pū Ao, is New Zealand’s national institute of Earth, geoscience and isotope research. Through world-class science, we seek to understand natural Earth system processes and resources and use our findings to deliver economic, environmental and social benefits
Before applying for this position please read the position description here for a full list of the responsibilities and essential skills required.
Applications close: 14 August 2020