Are you a smart, pragmatic and commercially savvy in-house lawyer?
Would you like to work for a fast growing and fast paced technology company with a global business?
Seequent is a world leader in the development of data visualization software. Our solutions (including Leapfrog and Oasis Montaj) enable people to create rich stories and uncover valuable insights from geoscience data and ultimately make better decisions about their earth, environment and energy challenges.
We are an established organisation with teams all over the globe selling our software and supporting our customers. An opportunity has arisen for a fixed-term leave cover role to support the General Counsel in our Christchurch headquarters. You will be responsible for providing support across the full range of in-house legal functions and work closely with our global sales team and senior managers.
You will enjoy all the opportunities and benefits of working in-house, including a flexible, fun and relaxed team environment that values initiative and creative thinking. You will have the opportunity to develop your commercial and strategic thinking as well as providing sound legal support to the business.
We’re looking for someone who can demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- A good level of commercial contract negotiation, review and drafting skills and the ability to concisely explain contractual terms and legal issues
- The ability to identify risk in commercial environments and suggest appropriate mitigation strategies
- Excellent communication and relationship skills and the necessary confidence to get the job done
- The ability to see the big picture and understand how that can be impacted by the details of the day to day contracts and legal matters that we deal with
- Experience dealing with e-commerce, technology and/or IP law and licensing matters
- Good prioritisation and time management skills and the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Flexibility and a willingness to try a fresh approach
- The requisite qualifications to work as a lawyer in New Zealand or another relevant jurisdiction, particularly the UK, Australia and Canada
- Language skills, especially Spanish, Portuguese or Russian would be an advantage but are not essential
Seequent's global team is diverse – we’re geologists, software engineers, sales people and communication specialists. We’re technical experts who are motivated by the challenges our customers face. We use the experience of our people to solve the highly complex problems of today, and work toward the bigger solutions of tomorrow.
If this role interests you, we would love to hear from you.
Please follow this link to apply.