- Ideal in-house opportunity for talented junior to mid-level lawyer
- Diverse and interesting legal work
- Highly collegial in-house team
- Auckland CBD
Here is a compelling opportunity for a junior to mid-level lawyer seeking to gain valuable experience within a market leading, future focused business.
About the organisation
Our client is a leading, globally known professional services firm helping businesses reimagine NZ's future. With a new global strategy to accelerate growth and investment in the Asia Pacific region, our client aims to attract the best talent and combine innovative technologies to help clients address their toughest challenges, and deliver sustainable outcomes for society and the planet.
About the role
This is a newly created role ideally suited to a junior to mid-level lawyer. You will join a highly collegial and respected in-house legal team, who deliver pragmatic, solutions focused advice across a wide range of legal issues relating to the firm's practice and operations. The focus of the role is to support a diverse range of internal stakeholders on contractual matters including drafting and negotiating client agreements and supplier contracts, however the scope of work is incredibly varied. This extends to risk management, litigation and regulatory advice; assisting with partnership, company law and governance matters; advising on legislative change, and the implementation of global policies and protocols; enhancing systems and processes and providing legal support on ad hoc business projects.
This is a great opportunity to step up to a diverse and interesting portfolio of legal work and gain the respect and trust of people at all levels of the business. This role would suit someone seeking their first move in-house or a more experienced lawyer, looking to build capability and take on more responsibility. Flexible working arrangements are embraced.
The ideal candidate we seek will possess the following:
- Qualified lawyer with NZ practising certificate (or eligibility to hold one)
- Junior to mid-level legal experience gained in private practice or in-house
- Sound experience advising, drafting and negotiating a range of commercial agreements
- Broad experience (and the ability to adapt) in other legal areas that may include corporate and commercial, litigation and dispute resolution and/or regulatory, risk and compliance work
- Highly effective relationship building and influencing skills
- A pragmatic, solutions focused approach
- A proactive, positive disposition with the ability to multi-task, priortise and take ownership in a supportive team environment
With opportunities to extend your career both in NZ and aboard, an extraordinary array of inclusive employee benefits on offer and a culture that seeks to inspire, motivate and reward its people to succeed in all areas, this role promises to deliver an exciting start to 2022!
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact Jennifer Williams at Williams Legal Recruitment on 027 220 8003 or email [email protected]