Deptive is an IT services company empowering people to succeed by creating digital workspaces using technology from our partners, such as Microsoft and Citrix. Founded in 2006, we currently have 14 staff, mostly in Auckland and Wellington.
Deptive clients include NZ corporates, enterprises, local and central government. We have offices in Auckland and Wellington CBDs and our staff have flexible working conditions, working from the office, from home and on client sites. Deptive people are friendly, ambitious, straight talkers and client focussed. We also like to have fun – team cooking, tree climbing, ten pin bowling and archery anyone? Plus, we are firm believers in being part of the bigger picture and like to give back to the wider community in small ways when we can.
About the Role
This is the sole legal role in the company which is why we are looking for someone with approximately 7 - 10 years relevant experience, with already established legal connections and organisational memberships that will be helpful to the role.
The role may suit a lawyer looking for a part-time role. We are also willing to consider a cost-effective retainer type arrangement with a firm, legal services provider or legal consultant.
The purpose of this role is to:
- Progress commercial contract negotiations with a pragmatic and sensible approach for an SME which deals with significant NZ government clients, NZ and international corporate clients, and domestic and international third-party service providers.
- Evaluate legal documentation including RFP and proposal documentation and provide timely and pragmatic advice to the CEO & Founder, Practice Leads and Operations Administrator.
- Ensure that Deptive remains compliant with necessary legal compliance requirements including employment, HR, health and safety, privacy, data security, commercial contracts, insurance, immigration, independent contractor requirements.
- Assist with key human resources and employment law processes as needed including disciplinary and performance matters, performance reviews, restructuring.
- Ensure Deptive’s in-house legal documentation is consistent, legally compliant, user friendly and professional. Review and update this documentation in accordance with legislative developments as necessary.
- Ensure appropriate business related insurance cover is in place and annually reviewed.
- Work with third party legal services providers as necessary.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Approx 7 – 10 years' PQE in relevant legal areas
- Sensible, pragmatic business approach
- Experience with IT commercial contracts
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently and independently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Established legal networks and memberships, current practising certificate
- Comfortable with a mix of remote working and occasional office work in Auckland or Wellington city
- Intermediate level skillset with Microsoft Office
- Excellent attention to detail, especially with documentation
- Responsive, deadline and priority focused
- Experience with legal compliance tools such as ComplyWith and/or
- LexisNexis Regulatory Compliance a plus ( Deptive does not currently use compliance tools and we are keen to learn)
At this stage we envisage the time commitment to be up to 8 hours per week.
Interested? Let’s have a kōrero about you and us!
Please contact Emma Poyner [email protected] 021 931 335 with any questions. To apply please send Emma your CV and a covering letter by 3 pm Friday 7 May 2021.