- Superb opportunity with premier NZX listed business
- Governance, risk and compliance focus
- Flexible working arrangements available
- CBD Auckland
Here is a fantastic opportunity for a talented and astute legal professional to further their career with a leading NZX listed company and help deliver on the next phase of its strategy.
About the company
Precinct Properties Holdings Limited ('Precinct') is the largest owner and developer of premium, inner city commercial office space in Auckland and Wellington. Precinct creates vibrant spaces where people and businesses thrive, and in 2020, completed the world class, transformational Commercial Bay development on Auckland's CBD waterfront. Following a recent announcement that Precinct has reached an agreement to internalise its management, the company is well positioned for future growth and progression.
About the role
Following an internal move, we are now seeking a new General Counsel and Company Secretary for Precinct. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, you will be a trusted advisor to the business and ensure that Precinct complies with all legal and regulatory requirements. This crucial role will have a governance, risk and compliance focus. In particular, you will work closely with the senior management team and the Board, and be responsible for company secretariat requirements for the Precinct Group. You will also lead Precinct's Occupational Health and Safety framework, ensuring an industry leading best practice approach is maintained. In addition, you will be a sounding board to the business on operational matters, and help to guide sensible and commercially robust decisions. You will also coordinate and oversee Precinct's relationships with external legal providers. Flexible working arrangements are available.
What we are looking for
- Qualified lawyer with NZ practising certificate (or eligibility to hold one)
- A minimum of 10 years' legal experience with a background in corporate, commercial and/or property law, including in-house experience
- Previous corporate governance experience, ideally with some listed companies experience
- Proven leadership skills and strategic ability
- A high level of accuracy, attention to detail and organisational skills
- Pragmatic, practical and commercial approach to problem solving
- Approachable, positive and collaborative engagement style
This is a superb opportunity for an accomplished senior lawyer seeking career growth and new challenge. As a progressive, dynamic company, Precinct offers an open, innovative culture with a focus on team health and well-being, and has a strong commitment to achieving a positive work life balance for its people.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact Jennifer Williams at Williams Legal Recruitment Limited on 027 220 8003 or [email protected]