The St John People and Capability (P&C) team are on the hunt for an ER Specialist to join the team in the new year. Reporting to the Head of Business Partnering and Reward, this is a permanent, full time role based at National HQ, Great South Rd, Ellerslie. For the right person, we would consider a four days per week.
The fabulous P&C team is a national team with whom you will be working closely with and alongside operational team members and managers. Your external stakeholders will be the union officials and delegates and other external consultants.
Like most ER Specialist roles in large, complex multi-union environments you will be focused on developing and maintaining close working relationships with all functional areas of the organisation, and to business partner with managers in the provision of advice and support on Employment and industrial relations projects and initiatives. We would consider someone with a legal background, you may be holding a practicing certificate and will be reporting in to the Head of Business Partnering and Reward who holds a practicing certificate.
What sets us apart?
We are St John! Fabulous team and culture! Values based! A new role in P&C! Make it your own! Autonomy! Flexible working arrangements!
- co-ordinate and lead overall national union relationships
- contribute to strategy and lead planning in the employment relations/industrial relations policy areas
- lead and co-ordinate collective negotiation processes
- completion of costing analysis, research, and provision of regular updates to key stakeholders regarding the status of collective bargaining
- promote manager understanding and consistency in the application of employment agreements
- provide advice and support for other HR projects
- provide regular reporting and analysis to the P&C team and wider on union membership, contemporary ER and HR issues, legislative changes and potential policy initiatives
If you are interested, apply now and we will review your application. All applications welcome.
Application close date: Friday 31st January.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
Haramai ngā tai o te āniwaniwa, he kāhui rangatira tēnei, he kāhui whakamana tāngata whaimahi, e te iti, e te rahi e.