- Market leading, diverse business
- Part-time role approx. 20 hours per week
- Diverse and interesting work
- Auckland based
Waste Management NZ Limited ('WMNZ') is the leading resource recovery, recycling and waste and environmental services provider in New Zealand, and plays a critical role in keeping New Zealand beautiful for future generations. As a diverse and future focused business, WMNZ delivers innovative services and solutions to manage and/or recycle New Zealand's current and future waste in a responsible and sustainable way, and is a trusted industry leader.
We have an exciting opportunity for a commercially savvy lawyer to join the WMNZ legal team on a part-time basis of approximately 20 hours per week. Reporting to the Head of Legal, you will deliver sound, timely and commercially focused legal advice across all areas of the business to ensure that legal issues and risks are well managed. The scope of legal work is diverse, high quality and interesting and includes; strategic and commercial agreements, corporate transaction support, litigation and disputes, consumer law, competition law, health and safety, intellectual property, resource management and property law issues. In addition, you will contribute to key strategic projects, keep the business updated on legal and regulatory change, deliver training on critical issues and manage external legal advisors when required.
The ideal candidate we seek will have the following:
- Qualified lawyer with NZ practising certificate (or eligibility to hold one)
- Experience in commercial and corporate law with 'generalist' knowledge in other broader legal areas
- Some previous in-house or secondment experience preferred but not essential
- Commercial awareness with the ability to provide pragmatic, solutions-focused advice
- Strong drafting and analytical skills
- The ability to relate well at all levels and become a trusted advisor to internal stakeholders
- Flexibility, adaptability and a positive, team focused attitude
This is a great opportunity to join a supportive, fun and collaborative legal team and contribute to business success. The role will be based in WMNZ's new state-of-the-art premises in East Tamaki. With a dedicated and passionate workforce of over 1,700 employees, and a clear sustainability strategy in place to safeguard our environment for future generations, this is an ideal time to join a market leading business that is positively resourceful!
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact Jennifer Williams at Williams Legal Recruitment on 027 220 8003 or [email protected]