- Opportunity for a talented lawyer to join our high performing and well-respected team
- Varied and complex work in a national and global context
- Partner with key stakeholders and make an impact
We are a proud New Zealand Co-operative built by generations of farming whānau. We believe nutritious food is essential to sustain people today, and for future generations to thrive, which is why we challenge ourselves to find new ways to bring our dairy goodness to people around the world.
About the opportunity
This is a great opportunity for an exceptional lawyer to join Fonterra in an in-house role where you will work autonomously on a variety of matters across the Co-operative. It is challenging, fast-paced, distinctive and highly rewarding and will give you exposure to both local and overseas projects.
We are seeking a solicitor with at least 5 years’ post-qualification experience. You will provide support and leadership to major business projects and initiatives that support business strategy internationally, manage litigation and regulatory issues, and proactively manage risk.
You will maintain relationships with key stakeholders in the business and provide advice and direction on day-to-day legal issues.
This role will see you take responsibility for a varied portfolio with a range of areas to cover – a great way to expand your knowledge.
Your strong communication skills and experience across complex commercial and business law will be key.
You have strong negotiation and stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence and build partnerships across the wider business and externally. Your focus on accountability, ownership and your ability to act independently will see you excel in this role.
Key attributes will be:
- Strong law firm and/or in-house experience working with major companies and complex organisations
- Highly developed commercial judgement and acumen
- The ability to innovate and operate with agility in an environment with a high degree of ambiguity and complexity
- High integrity with the courage to challenge when things don't seem right
- Flexibility to work with time zones across the globe, where needed
Whanaungatanga, our Co-operative spirit gives us all a common strength and purpose. Manaakitanga is how we care for all our people who are at the heart of what we do, we want our farmers, employees, customers and communities to thrive. Kaitiakitanga, ensures we take care of the land. We are committed to farming in a way that regenerates our farms and environment for future generations.
Whakaohooho constantly inspires ourselves and each other with great career development opportunities and benefits. We enable flexibility and balance to suit everyone’s lifestyles and choices.
Our Co-operative is a place where everyone can be themselves, feel empowered to do their best.
Sound good to you? Come join our whānau. You, me, Us Together Tᾱtou tᾱtou.