Laser Plumbing and Electrical currently has over 250 members and has evolved to become the leading electrical and plumbing contracting network across New Zealand and Australia. From our commitment to our members, matched with our commitment to our customers and our community – we are dedicated to upholding our ‘Totally Dependable’ service guarantee.
We now have a great opportunity for a Contracts Lawyer to join the in-house legal team assisting the Laser Group with its franchise obligations around contracts and agreements. This is a Fixed-term opportunity for 6 months and has flexibility to work from home for a portion of the week if required.
We are looking for an efficient and enthusiastic team player who enjoys working to deadlines and being busy – we are a small but lively corporate team with a great work ethic and strong customer focus!
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Support the Legal Director in providing an customer focussed, in-house legal service to the Laser business in New Zealand
- Assist the Laser business in New Zealand to be fully compliant with its franchise obligations and negotiating contracts with its franchisee Members
- Review and update lapsed contracts and those needing renewal
- Provide legal oversight on Procurement contracts
- Assist with negotiations on clauses and build lists for standard acceptable variations
We are seeking someone with a genuine Customer Service focus, who has the ability to build valuable interpersonal relationships and resolve conflict smoothly and in a positive manner for all.
Preferred skills and experience include:
- 3-4 years experience in contract law – preferably within a franchise organisation
- Excellent drafting skills and problem solving skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and provide diplomatic challenge
- Effective communication skills which are clear, fluent, concise and appropriate and encourages feedback as appropriate
- Ability to identify alternative solutions, recognise the impact of those alternatives, and determine solutions, which result in the best outcome
- Proficient computer skills – Microsoft Office
Applications are open now with the option to begin within short notice – if you are solutions focused, outcome driven, and can demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, we are looking forward to hearing from you.