We have an exciting opportunity for a Chief Risk Officer (CRO) for this fast growing life Insurer, where you will play a pivitol role leading the Risk and Compliance function.
You will report directly to the Board and work closely with the CEO and CFO and have responsibility for the quality assurance team.
You will be responsible for embedding and maturing the risk management framework for the business. You will also be responsible for setting up and maintaining frameworks for compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations, as well as internal policies and procedures. In this role, the CRO serves as one of the main contact points for regulatory authorities in New Zealand, as well as providing regular reporting on risk and compliance to the Board and Executive.
In addition, you will be responsible for the Quality Assurance (QA) framework including oversight of the monitoring and evaluation of calls function, as well as facilitating an appropriate complaint handling process for first line complaint resolutions and internal dispute resolutions.
The successful candidate will have:
- 5 years+ experience in a similar role in financial services or risk management
- A strong financial services background and ideally be legally qualified
- Board exposure and ability to advise on legislative changes and requirements from regulatory bodies
- An ability to keep up to date with Legislation, business rules, processes and guidelines and internal procedures
- Strong business acumen and an ability to contribute to the whole business strategy
- Excellent analytics and researching skills and a proven track record in a compliance environment
- Great time management skills and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience in process improvement, quality assurance, and continuous improvement environments
- A passion for leadership and ability to quickly engage, inspire and upskill team members
- An ability to work under a constantly changing environment
- Highly developed organisational skills
- Well-developed briefing and stakeholder management skills
Ideally this role will be based in Auckland, but there is real flexibility around role parameters for the right candidate.
For a confidential discussion about this role or to obtain the position description, please contact Carl Church on +64211666441 [email protected].
If this role sounds like you click https://careers.nicherecruitment.co.nz/job/39341/chief-risk-officer and includ your CV and Covering Letter.
Role closes Friday 26 February at 5pm