Associate/Senior Legal Counsel, RMA and Regulatory
Employing over 500 staff in what is indisputably one of the most stunning locations in the country, Queenstown Lakes District Council is at the very heart of a dynamic community. Our services are essential to the people in our region and include infrastructure development, community recreational facilities and planning, building and other regulatory services.
We have an outstanding opportunity for a senior RMA lawyer who really wants to make a difference for the communities they serve, while also furthering their career in RMA, litigation and public law.
The Associate/Senior Legal Counsel is an exciting role that will have the primary responsibility for the RMA and Regulatory portfolio, and will represent the Council in RMA litigation and mediations. , ,. You will also be responsible for briefing and managing a substantial portfolio of matters to our external legal panel. Maintaining and building on the strong existing culture within the team and across the Council is critical.
You may be an emerging leader looking for the next step up in your career journey, or a seasoned RMA practitioner wanting to make a real difference in a nationally significant location.
You will be exposed to a wide range of interesting and challenging work, delivered internally and through a strong external panel. The panel includes some of the top legal minds in the country working in this area. This is a hands-on role and requires someone well versed in resource management law, litigation and ideally local government or public law. The successful candidate will need a good balance of academic and emotional intelligence.
To be considered for the Senior Legal Counsel role, you’ll need:
· 5+ years’ experience in RMA and litigation
To be considered for the Associate Counsel role, you’ll need:
· 7+ years’ experience in RMA and litigation
· Demonstrated ability to lead and manage staff
To be considered for both roles, you will need:
· Excellent oral presentation skills
· Strong written communication skills
· Confident, with the ability to build, maintain and leverage relationships at all levels
· Demonstrated commitment to the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
· NZ Practicing certificate required.
In return the successful candidate will receive;
· The opportunity to join a great team
· Competitive market remuneration
· Career progression and training opportunities
· Subsidised Health Insurance
· Discounted health and fitness club rates at our great facilities
· Relocation allowance will be considered for the right candidates For more information on this role, or to apply, please visit https://qldc.qjumpersjobs.co
Applications close: Thursday, 30 September 2021.