Law School Women’s Mentoring Programme 2020
After a successful pilot in 2019, Auckland Law School is proud to present the Law School Women’s Mentoring Programme 2020. We are now inviting applications from potential mentors.
The Women’s Mentoring Programme matches female law students with female mentors from industry. We are looking for women from a range of career paths who completed an LLB at university and now work within and outside the legal industry.
This is a phenomenal opportunity for female law students. Mentees benefit from the experience and industry knowledge of a mentor, acquire insight into the world of work and get their careers off to the best possible start by developing skills and gaining confidence to manage their future.
The programme runs from March to October 2020.
Commitment required by the mentors
- Must reside in Auckland.
- Have a minimum of five years’ industry experience.
- Be willing to commit to the programme – ideally, you would meet up with your mentee once a month, outside of the on-campus events (we require a minimum of 4 x face to face meetings throughout the programme), with regular communication via email/phone.
- Be able to attend some of the evening events during the programme.
Benefits for the mentors
- Give back to a law student and the faculty
- Opportunity to network with other successful women at the programme events
- Opportunity to build your own professional brand
- Hear from exciting women leaders
Unfortunately we cannot guarantee we will be able to match you with a student. Please apply by 20 December 2019. Please apply here: https://auckland.au1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bDRk1ZtmFFchx89
If you have any questions, please direct them to Clodagh Higgins, Career Development and Employer Engagement Manager at email@example.com
Clodagh, Amanda, Cecilia
Women’s Mentoring Programme
The University of Auckland Law School