- Opportunity to coach and lead a team of ten Technical Specialists & Solicitors within Inland Revenue's Legal Services team.
- Provide both people and technical expertise to deliver services and solutions for our customers effectively & efficiently.
- Permanent, full-time role, multiple locations!
Inland Revenue plays a critical role in improving the economic and social wellbeing of New Zealanders. We do this by collecting and distributing money, we collect 80% of the Crown's revenue and distribute social support payments.
We're offering great flexibility, support and development opportunities unique to you and your aspirations so that you can bring your whole self to work and thrive with us.
Mō mātou | About us
The Legal Services team provides advice, support, dispute resolution, litigation and tax technical services for Inland Revenue and works closely with Inland Revenue's customer segments. They're part of Customer and Compliance Services - Business. Legal Services is one of the largest government in-house legal teams supporting a diverse range of customers.
Ngā Tauwāhi Wātea | Locations Available
Mō te tūnga | About the role
In this varied role you will:
- Lead your team and provide technical services to improve customer experience and champion IR's customer-centric and intelligence-led culture.
- Provide both people and technical expertise to lead, coach and develop your teams.
- Use technical expertise to lead initiatives, act as a point of escalation, assist on complex issues and deliver services and solutions for our customers.
- Ensure your people work in an agile way across IR and use insights and intelligence gained to develop solutions for customers.
- Remain up to date with emerging technology, trends and concepts to ensure your people adopt best practice.
Mōu | About you
To be successful in this position you will possess some of the following attributes:
- Proactive, motivated and solution-focused to deliver great outcomes for your customers.
- Passionate and committed to leading, developing, coaching, and supporting your people.
- Strong legal and technical capability with a curiosity and drive to maintain & enhance your expertise whilst utilising day-to-day.
- Have strong relationship management experience with stakeholders & business partners and work collaboratively on options and solutions.
- Take account of the bigger picture when offering advice or putting forward solutions, help others do the same.
- Must have a law degree, be admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand and hold a current practising certificate OR equivalent experience in a context relevant to the work of Legal Services.
This is a fantastic opportunity to coach and lead a team of ten Technical Specialists & Solicitors within Inland Revenue's Legal Services team. We offer an agile environment and flexible work practices where you'll be encouraged to innovate and prioritise your professional development to achieve your career goals.
Tono mai | Apply here
See seek listing here.
Please apply online, attach a copy of your CV and Cover Letter outlining how you meet the role requirements as outlined here.
For specific queries or a copy of the role description please email [email protected] and one of our team members will be in touch with you.
Applications close on 5pm, 31st Jan 2022.