Senior Policy Advisor, Regional / Solicitor (Resource Management)
· Calling all lawyers! - We need your legal expertise
· Help make a positive change for farmers
· Be part of the biggest non-government resource management policy team
We are looking for an RMA superstar with a legal background, who wants to experience the thrills which come with advocating on behalf of our farming members.
Working for a membership organisation, you will have a real sense of purpose and real opportunities to make a valued contribution to our farming communities.
In this role you get to lead from the front and take ownership of your work.
This is an exciting and challenging time to be involved at the frontline of national resource management as well as regional and district plan development. Federated Farmers will give you the opportunity to be involved and lead processes from start to finish. You will be at the forefront of challenging and evolving reforms. You will work alongside some of the brightest, like-minded people (from a range of disciplines) who will value your intellect and commitment to seeing the job done.
This is a full time Senior Policy Advisor, Regional / Solicitor (Resource Management) role, based at in either Hamilton or Tauranga.
Tell us what you need, and we will try to make it work, for the right person.
We are looking for:
- A Bachelor of Law, preferably with practical experience in the fields of RMA and local government along with experience acting for or working with farmers. Your skills will include:
- the ability to build and maintain relationships with farmers, government, iwi and stakeholder groups.
- enthusiasm for new challenges and rock-steady determination to see an issue through to a resolution
- the ability to provide sound and reasoned legal advice, analyse policies and RMA plans, write policy and legal submissions and provide sound technical advice
- the ability to work as part of a team, bringing together multiple disciplines to present a well-rounded and credible solution.
You must be eligible to work permanently in New Zealand.
For a copy of the position description and an application form please contact Gillian Bright on email [email protected]