Senior Legal Counsel
- Highly respected iconic NZ business
- Interesting and challenging work
- Excellent benefits including carpark, insurances & Kiwisaver
An exciting and rare opportunity for a switched-on Senior Legal Counsel to join an iconic New Zealand brand.
About the role
Tegel has an exciting opportunity for an exceptional lawyer with outstanding legal skills to join their well-established small team. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer you will work closely with one other Senior Legal Counsel to provide exceptional legal support across the business.
Together you will assist in the management of day-to-day legal matters, and provide a full range of legal support, including general commercial matters, legislation relating to food and food safety, EHS, procurement, commercial property, OIO, marketing, licensing, IT, disputes, competition, construction, corporate, innovation, sustainability, and any other ad hoc matters as they arise.
Based in Newmarket, in well-appointed open, modern offices, with cafes and lunch options inside and outside. Excellent remuneration (including carpark!) await you!
What we’re looking for
- A NZ qualified lawyer with at least 6 years’ good quality post-admission experience who holds (or is entitled to hold) a current NZ legal practising certificate
- Experience in corporate and commercial law gained in-house or in a good quality law firm
- Property law experience would be useful (but is not essential) as would exposure to FMCG/food legislation, competition and/or IP matters
- Excellent negotiation, analytical and technical skills
- Collaborative people centric approach and ability to work with a wide variety of people cross functionally at levels of the business
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written) & happy working independently to provide commercially astute advice to the business
About the company
Proud to be helping families eat well every day, Tegel Foods is New Zealand’s market-leading fully integrated poultry producer supplying a wide range of fresh and frozen products to domestic and international markets. Led by a highly experienced Board and Executive team, Tegel proudly employs more than 2,300 motivated, skilled, and knowledgeable employees across the Aotearoa New Zealand. Tegel offers competitive packages with amazing benefits for their staff.
How do I apply?
Click HERE. Alternatively, contact us directly and quote reference number 1436032.
Lara Gordon BA LLB (Hons)
027 349 6352 | [email protected]
Kathryn Cross BMus LLB
027 700 8049 | [email protected]
At Artemis Executive Recruitment, we connect remarkable people with great places to work.