Senior Legal Counsel
- Work closely in support of the General Counsel
- Exciting newly created role
- Purpose centric organisation with great benefits
Here is your opportunity to supercharge your career in a growing and meaningful industry.
About the role
Southern Cross Healthcare is New Zealand’s largest network of private healthcare services, and the country’s only national network of private hospitals and health service facilities. As a result of ongoing planned business transformation and growth, Southern Cross Healthcare has created a new Senior Legal Counsel role.
Reporting to the General Counsel, you will be a key contributor to the success of the Legal function. You will provide timely, commercial, high quality legal advice and act as a trusted business partner, working with the business to deliver the Healthcare’s strategic and commercial objectives and to manage risk within Board approved frameworks.
You will also monitor the legal risk profile of Southern Cross Healthcare, act as legal advisor to Joint Ventures and allied business. You will manage the outsourcing of legal advice, opinions and advice including RFPs for legal services, and own, retain all business contracts to ensure appropriate control, management and knowledge.
While this is a full time role reduced (4 days per week) or flexible hours will be considered.
What we’re looking for:
- This role will suit an accomplished lawyer with at least 5 years’ relevant experience working in law firms or in-house
- Broader general corporate commercial contract and/or property skill set would be beneficial
- Knowledge of regulatory, privacy, consumer, IP and/or competition law matters would be advantageous
- Responsive and results-focused, with a pragmatic and positive attitude and excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- Strong attention to detail and proven ability to connect and build trust with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
About the organisation
Southern Cross Healthcare Group is a group of independent health-related businesses. United by a common brand, a not-for-profit philosophy and the goal of achieving better value healthcare for New Zealanders, Southern Cross plays a unique and important role in the New Zealand health sector.
If you want to work with an iconic New Zealand business that makes a difference every day – then please apply now!
How do I apply?
Click here. Alternatively, contact us directly and quote reference number 1341097.
Application Close Date: 5 pm Wednesday 22 March 2023
Kathryn Cross BMus LLB
027 700 8049 | [email protected]
Lara Gordon BA LLB (Hons)
027 349 6352 | [email protected]
At Artemis Executive Recruitment, we connect remarkable people with great places to work.