Senior Legal Counsel - Regulatory
- Down to earth inclusive company culture + lots of benefits
- Hard to beat lifestyle and work environment
- Fantastic Blenheim Location
Open the door to a vibrant and rewarding career and be part of a supportive team and NZ organisation that aspires to develop and encourage you.
About the role
Enjoy the best of Marlborough lifestyle in this fantastic role. Based in their well-appointed Blenheim Office, the Senior Legal Counsel – Regulatory reports to the Consents and Compliance Manager.
In this varied role you will provide oversight, advice and implementation of the Consent and Compliance group’s legal, statutory functions, best practice, and training to ensure robust, sound, and consistent practice, of the group’s regulatory services.
You will provide legal and strategic advice when required, and develop and maintain the policy, procedure, and associated documentation for the instruction of the group’s legal services to ensure their effective delivery.
This is a challenging role based in a unique region with an array of outdoor pursuits in a distinctive and picturesque landscape.
What we’re looking for
- A smart lawyer with intermediate or senior experience who ideally holds or is entitled to hold a current NZ legal practising certificate, inhouse is preferred but not essential
- Knowledge of the statutory and legal framework which businesses operates within and a solid understanding of ISO policy manuals and standards
- Experience in litigation management, RMA, legal analysis, and advisory work, particularly in statutory and/or regulatory frameworks are preferred
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to learn
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and adaptable
About the company
Our client is a dynamic, progressive organisation which prides itself on the professionalism it brings to managing a wide range of functions. Their vision is that over the next decade, they will become a globally connected district of progressive, high-value enterprise, known for its quality lifestyle, desirable location, and natural environment.
Their values and behaviours are based on Respect, Professionalism, and Integrity. They are committed to an environment that supports professional development, an equal opportunities workplace and a positive culture.
How do I apply?
Click HERE. Alternatively, contact us directly and quote reference number 1376887.
We have a range of terrific inhouse and private practice roles for lawyers at all levels. If this role isn’t for you but you’d like to hear about what else is available, give us a call. We’d love to hear from you.
Lara Gordon BA LLB (Hons)
027 349 6352 | [email protected]
Kathryn Cross BMus LLB
027 700 8049 | [email protected]
At Artemis Executive Recruitment, we connect remarkable people with great places to work.