Senior Legal Counsel – Fixed Term Contract
· Job satisfaction, top rewards, and professional development
· Challenging and stimulating work
· WFH options
Join the ASB whanau! Join the Banking Legal Services team in this fantastic contract role.
About the role
ASB Bank invite a Senior Legal Counsel to join their Banking Legal Services team in this parental leave cover role.
Reporting to the Head of Banking Legal, you will partner with stakeholders to provide high quality legal advice to business units across ASB on a variety of complex and interesting matters.
You will support the retail and business banking units on advertising product compliance, new product initiatives, regulatory change work and a broad suite of other matters. Your effective legal advice will be appreciated by a range of stakeholders including the ELT and Board.
This is a great opportunity for a senior legal counsel to join one of NZ’s leading banking and financial services legal teams.
What we’re looking for
· At least 10 years good quality relevant legal experience and a New Zealand legal practising certificate
· Financial services industry experience preferred, but not crucial. CCCFA experience desirable but not essential
· Inhouse experience preferred
· Ability to work autonomously with support and to provide guidance to more junior staff as appropriate
· Sound understanding of conduct and reputation requirements
About the company
ASB’s purpose of accelerating the financial progress of all New Zealanders is the why behind everything they do. As they continue to evolve against a backdrop of rapidly changing customer needs, regulation and technologies, their Legal Services team is more important than ever. Join this team as they strive to make a real difference in the lives of ASB customers, communities, the environment, and the New Zealand economy.
How do I apply?
Alternatively, contact us directly and quote reference number 1246658.
We have a range of terrific inhouse and private practice roles for lawyers at all levels. If this role isn’t for you but you’d like to hear about what else is available, give us a call. We’d love to hear from you.
Kathryn Cross BMus LLB 027 700 8049 | [email protected]
Lara Gordon BA LLB 021 207 6511 | [email protected]
At Artemis Executive Recruitment, we connect remarkable people with great places to work.