Senior Legal Counsel – Fixed Term Contract
- Minimum 12 - Month Fixed Term Contract
- Highly respected business - Excellence, integrity, inclusion, and opportunity
- Auckland CBD location
A diverse, challenging, and interesting contract role awaits a switched-on Senior Legal Counsel.
About the role
Based in their Auckland Head Office, with flexibility to WFH, this 12-month fixed term Senior Legal Counsel opportunity reports to the Associate General Counsel & Company Secretary and sits within the legal and governance team.
You will provide legal, governance, customer response services to the New Zealand business. You will help to drive business strategy by partnering with stakeholders to provide timely and pragmatic advice and guidance. The team is collaborative and supportive, focused on being curious, helpful, open, connected and finding moments of light-heartedness. You will have a unique opportunity to work across various areas of the business, working with various stakeholders to mitigate risk and provide optimum customer solutions.
This full-time 12-month fixed term role has flexibility assured, excellent remuneration in a values-centric business with a fantastic culture!
What we’re looking for
- A lawyer with at least 6+ years’ top quality post-admission experience who holds or is entitled to hold a current NZ legal practising certificate
- Experience in commercial contracting, legal analysis and advisory work, particularly in wealth management, IT and digital
- Experience in financial services would be advantageous but is not essential
- Inhouse experience highly regarded
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, responsive client service orientation and a strong desire to learn
About the company
Our client is one of New Zealand’s most enduring companies and has been supporting their clients and communities for more than 165 years. Their purpose – helping people create their tomorrow. They are committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace, supporting their communities and caring for the environment.
How do I apply?
Click HERE. Alternatively, contact us directly and quote reference number 1445555.
We have a range of terrific inhouse and private practice roles for lawyers at all levels. If this role isn’t for you but you’d like to hear about what else is available, give us a call. We’d love to hear from you.
Lara Gordon BA LLB (Hons)
021 207 6511 | [email protected]
Kathryn Cross BMus LLB
027 700 8049 | [email protected]
At Artemis Executive Recruitment, we connect remarkable people with great places to work.