Senior Legal Counsel (Fixed-Term)
- Amazing company culture in a supported environment where people matter!
- An award-winning legal team
- Flexible working with a focus on work life balance
Fantastic career opportunity to join this innovative and inspiring business in this exciting, fixed term contract.
About the role
Based in their Auckland Head Office, with flexibility to WFH, the Senior Legal Counsel reports to the Head of Legal and sits within the legal and governance team.
In this role you will support the Head of Legal in ensuring that the legal risk for the organisation is minimised and the rights are maximised, and provide strategic, commercial, and technical legal services to the business and ensure it is informed of new or proposed legislation.
You will provide prompt, pragmatic, comprehensive and accurate legal advice to the business across all matters and manage any litigation involving the organisation. You will manage, review, negotiate, draft, and settle all contracts and other commercial arrangements to minimise risk and safeguard the organisation’s interests.
Flexibility is assured, excellent remuneration and great benefits await you in this values-centric business with a fantastic culture!
What we’re looking for
- A lawyer, ideally with at least 8 years’ top quality post-admission experience who holds or is entitled to hold a current NZ legal practising certificate in the financial services or insurance industry preferred
- Experience in corporate and commercial disputes and litigation
- An understanding of and interest in New Zealand’s legal, governance and regulatory environment
- Highly developed commercial judgment and acumen, with broad and practical understanding of the New Zealand legal and regulatory environment
- A confident communicator with great influencing and negotiating skills
- A team player with excellent interpretive and analytical skills
About the company
Our client strives to help Kiwis live healthier, longer, better lives by encouraging them to make positive lifestyle changes one step at a time. Be part of this amazing team environment and company culture where people really matter! Don’t delay!
How do I apply?
Click HERE. Alternatively, contact us directly and quote reference number 1373205.
We have a range of terrific inhouse and private practice roles for lawyers at all levels. If this role isn’t for you but you’d like to hear about what else is available, give us a call. We’d love to hear from you.
Lara Gordon BA LLB (Hons)
027 349 6352 | [email protected]
Kathryn Cross BMus LLB
027 700 8049 | [email protected]
At Artemis Executive Recruitment, we connect remarkable people with great places to work.