Senior Legal Counsel -12 Month Parental Leave Cover
Precinct Properties New Zealand Limited
· Excellent in-house opportunity for a talented senior property lawyer
· Precinct is a market-leader in inner-city real estate – come and work for the best
· Diverse and interesting work
· Supportive and fun environment
· Auckland CBD location
This a fantastic opportunity for a senior property lawyer to gain best-in-class in-house experience with a market-leading and award-winning business.
Precinct is New Zealand’s largest owner of inner-city real estate, owning assets in both Auckland and Wellington. Precinct is an NZX-listed company which owns premium grade office assets and proudly opened Commercial Bay in 2020. Precinct acquired Generator; New Zealand’s leading flexible workspace provider in February 2019 and prides itself on providing space for people to thrive!
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
This role is a fixed-term contract for twelve months while our superstar Senior Legal Counsel is on parental leave.
Reporting to the General Counsel, your key activities will include:
· Legal and regulatory compliance (excluding tax, accounting, and financial reporting)
· Supporting leasing transactions, development projects, property acquisitions and stabilised asset management
· Being a trusted adviser to the business providing valuable legal advice and strategic input to key decisions and transactions
· Procuring and co-ordinating external legal services.
We are open to part time and flexible working arrangements for the right candidate.
Here’s what we need from you:
· Qualified lawyer with NZ practising certificate (or eligibility to hold one)
· Approximately 10 years’ experience gained in private practice or in-house
· Property law experience
· Broad experience (and the ability to adapt) in other legal areas including construction, corporate and commercial and securities law work
· Strong communication, relationship building and influencing skills
· A pragmatic, solutions focused approach
· A can-do attitude with the ability to multi-task, priortise and take ownership in a supportive environment
If you’re positive and pragmatic with strong stakeholder management skills, we’d love to hear from you!
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact Emma de Vries - People & Culture Manager - [email protected]
Precinct is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.