Senior Corporate Counsel – Projects & Commercial
- Senior influential role
- Challenging and dynamic work environment
- Central Auckland location with great flexibility
Here is your opportunity to step into a highly influential role and make a remarkable difference to the community and the nation.
About the role
This is a multifaceted, challenging and rewarding senior legal role for an astute candidate.
Reporting to the General Counsel you will work as an integral part of the KiwiRail legal team to provide high-quality, commercially focused, cost-effective legal support to major projects being delivered by KiwiRail’s CPAD – Capital Projects and Asset Delivery Team, with an emphasis on construction matters.
This role will also involve procurement, dispute resolution and broader support to KiwiRail’s regulatory matters extending to its corporate governance and assurance programmes. You will work closely with senior commercial leaders on relationships and contracts with major customers and stakeholders to assist KiwiRail to realise the benefits of investment.
This is a full time permanent role with flexibility (4-days per week or flexi hours will be considered).
What we’re looking for
- At least 8 years’ relevant post qualification experience
- An astute lawyer with a projects and development background, strong technical construction and commercial law experience and particular strength in drafting and negotiation
- Previous in-house experience is not essential but is desirable as is previous experience working with infrastructure companies
- Experience working within an SOE or a public-sector organisation would be viewed favourably
- Foundation experience with a large law firm is preferred
About the company
KiwiRail’s national infrastructure, large property estate, governance framework as a State-Owned Enterprise and the critical nature of its rail and ferry operations provide a broad and challenging mix of legal work. If you want to be part of an iconic New Zealand business doing important work, then apply now. #We’re going places. Are you?
How do I apply?
Click HERE. Alternatively, contact us directly and quote reference number 1339005.
Lara Gordon BA LLB (Hons)
027 349 6352 | [email protected]
Kathryn Cross BMus LLB
027 700 8049 | [email protected]
At Artemis Executive Recruitment, we connect remarkable people with great places to work.