A rare and exciting role with a competitive salary in a growing organisation. Plenty of career development scope! Can be based in Hamilton, Auckland or Wellington.
- Opportunity to join a future-thinking organisation
- Flexible workplace with an inclusive and social team culture
- Can be based in Hamilton, Auckland or Wellington
Who are we?
Tuatahi First Fibre is the leading pioneer of New Zealand’s ultrafast broadband revolution.
We provide wholesale fibre to a range of internet service providers and they deliver ultra-fast internet to households, schools, businesses and healthcare facilities. Our fibre network provides New Zealanders with the fastest, most reliable broadband connection available...and that’s something we are proud and passionate about!
We’re building better, brighter more connected communities – driving increased productivity, learning, growth and prosperity.
Why join Tuatahi?
Not only do we have the best people and culture (in our humble opinion), but we also have some great benefits, including:
- Medical & Life Insurance cover
- Utilities rebate to help cover costs of utilities, such as power and fibre, in your home
- $500 refer a friend bonus
- One day per year to give back to your community and volunteer for a registered charity
- One wellbeing leave day every six months to catch up on life admin or do something you enjoy
- Parental leave benefits including topping up to 100% of your salary when on parental leave and providing 4 weeks of paid partner leave
What will the role involve?
We are looking for someone experienced to join us in supporting our team in the delivery of sound regulatory support for the organisation, to protect the best interests of Tuatahi and its stakeholders. This role requires you to proactively engage with our key regulatory and industry stakeholders face-to-face and in established committee forums. You will be responsible for managing our interactions with these stakeholders to support our strategic plans and foster strong working relations.
The role will include:
- Responsibility for delivering Tuatahi’s regulatory strategy
- Compliance with fibre regulatory obligations
- Managing internal and external telecommunications regulatory stakeholders (Telecommunications Forum, Commerce Commission, Ministry of Business, Innovative and Employment and other fibre network operators, retailers and consumer groups) – and representing Tuatahi in front of those regulatory and industry stakeholders
- Information Disclosure and related Fibre Input Methodology obligations and deliverables
- Identifying and delivering improvements to our regulatory compliance processes
What will you need to bring with you?
You will be part of a small, high functioning Legal and Regulatory team and to be successful in this role you will need to be not just comfortable with uncertainty but enjoy the challenge that it brings. In addition, you will need to have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in areas such as Law, Commerce, Economics
- Around 3+ years’ experience working in law, regulated industry advisory services or regulatory policy
- An interest in developing your submission and report writing skills
As recent winners of the ILANZ People & Culture Award, Tuatahi First Fibre is a company which truly cares about their people, has a fantastic culture, encourages flexible working and offers a competitive package.
For a detailed Position Description or to find out more about the position, please contact Damian Hanna on 021689916 or email [email protected]
Advertising closes on Monday, 25th September. However, please note that we may review applications before the closing date and encourage you to apply as soon as possible. We reserve the right to withdraw the job advertisement at any time.
To apply, please contact Damian Hanna on 021689916 or email [email protected] for a copy of the Position Description