Legal Counsel or Senior Legal Counsel
- Based at ASB's state of the art head office on Auckland's waterfront
- Work From Home options
- 12-month fixed term, full time position
We have an exciting opportunity for a senior commercial and technology lawyer to join ASB's high performing, supportive, and collegial in-house legal team.
We are looking for either a:
- Legal Counsel - 7-10 years relevant private practice or in-house experience or
- Senior Legal Counsel - 10 years + relevant private practice or in-house experience
Te Tūranga | The role:
Part of our Advisory Legal team, with a focus on legal support for technology projects, software licensing, cloud contracting, data protection and privacy issues, digital initiatives, licensing arrangements, outsourcing, procurement contracts, and other strategic commercial relationships. You will partner with stakeholders to provide high quality legal advice and contract negotiation, on complex and interesting matters.
Practice areas include technology contracting, data protection and privacy, intellectual property, and general commercial legal work. The role will involve collaborating with a broad range of internal clients.
- Assist with managing a broad range of legal issues in relation to the subject matter.
- Provide sound, timely and effective legal advice to a broad range of internal clients.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal clients.
- Liaise with external lawyers and other advisers.
Ngā mea kia whai angitū ahau? | What do I need to be successful?
- You will need to be a lateral thinker who enjoys working in a collaborative way, comfortable thinking on your feet, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- You will have the ability to build and develop effective relationships with a broad range of stakeholders, including senior leadership, project managers, procurement team and many others.
- You must hold, or be eligible to hold, a practicing certificate as a lawyer in New Zealand.
- Financial services industry experience is desirable, but not crucial.
- In-house experience preferred.
- Ability to work autonomously with support and to provide guidance to more junior staff as appropriate.
You'll be joining a group of people who love what they do and the organisation they work for. This is an ideal opportunity to be part of a supportive team and gain high quality experience at one of New Zealand's most reputable financial services organisations.
Me pēhea te tono | How to apply:
If this role sounds like it might be the one for you then please apply here… we'd love to hear from you!
Please note that all applications must be received online via our above careers site, to be considered. Please see position description on the careers site for further information.
He aha tāu e hoki mai ai? | What will you get in return?
Company/Culture: ASB is more than just a place to work. We want our people to grow personally and professionally, and we want to attract amazing talent. One way we try to do this is by giving our people access to benefits over and above what we pay. So, we have a range of policies to ensure you can live life one step ahead with ASB. Check out more information here Why work here? - ASB Careers (asbgroup.co.nz) (most benefits are only available to permanent employees).
At the heart of ASB is us; the people, working together. Our values of Caring, Passion, Integrity, United, and Courage are the characteristics that best describe who we are and what we stand for. It's our people who live and breathe our purpose, our values, and our brand every day. Join the ASB team, and together we'll continue to help our customers live life one step ahead.