Benefits - What's in it for you?
- Work from home/Hybrid working environment
- Join Metlifecare in a period of huge investment and transformation
- Work for a business invested in your professional growth
About the role
We're looking for a talented Legal Counsel who is keen to make a difference. Based at our Newmarket Support Office and reporting to the General Counsel and Company Secretary, you'll be working closely with a small and supportive legal team, to provide value-adding internal legal advice to the Company on a broad range of commercial issues.
This role is all about supporting the business to achieve its ambitious strategic goals. You'll work broadly across multiple teams in the business, developing your commercial skills and helping to ensure the smooth running of the Company's Company Secretary function.
You'll provide legal advice and support to Management on:
- a wide range of sector and general corporate / commercial issues, including reviewing and advising on a range of commercial contracts, promotional terms and conditions, marketing campaigns and other collateral and resident queries.
- the Company's strategic projects which may include M&A activity, capital structure changes and strategic sourcing activities.
- statutory, legislative and case law changes that may impact the operations of Metlifecare.
You'll be working within a highly engaged team, supporting a wide range of stakeholders. Start fresh and secure a brand-new role for 2023.
- You'll hold an LLB with a minimum of 3 years high quality law firm and/or in-house experience
- Advantageous if you have good knowledge of retirement village legislative framework together with general legal/corporate competencies
- Your customer centric focus will be second to none as you navigate and deal with the ambiguity
- Naturally strong relationship management skills coupled with a "can do" attitude!
Established in 1984, Metlifecare is a leading owner and operator of retirement villages, providing rewarding lifestyles and care to more than 6,500 New Zealanders. We pride ourselves on providing retirement communities in which people are empowered to be the very best version of themselves. Metlifecare currently operates 35 villages located around New Zealand and employs close to 2000 staff.
How to apply
Not sure if this role is for you but interested in what else Metlifecare has to offer? Then please visit our careers page to see our other current vacancies.
Please note that Identification and work eligibility is required with your application