We are an independent New Zealand mobile towers and passive infrastructure business. We operate a nationwide portfolio of over 1,250 mobile sites and are responsible for building and densifying our network of mobile towers across New Zealand to enable 5G and future mobile technology rollouts. Our principal customers are Spark New Zealand and other wireless network operators (like Vodafone and 2degrees) who install active radio equipment on our towers. Working across New Zealand with a range of stakeholders, landlords and communities, we enable our customers to provide coverage and services to their end users to help unlock New Zealand’s digital potential.
Connexa is owned by Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board (OTPP) as a majority shareholder (70%) and Spark New Zealand Limited retains a 30% interest.
Working at Connexa will challenge you, broaden your horizons and give you the opportunity to make your mark on a totally new segment of New Zealand’s telecommunications industry.
Due to growth we are looking for a Legal Counsel with Property experience to join our fast-growing team based in central Auckland.
- Providing legal advice and support in relation to the interpretation and implementation of contractual obligations
- Interpreting, understanding and advising on legislation relevant to the Connexa business
- Keeping across developments and changes in law
- Assisting on governance matters including helping Connexa manage its risk
- Negotiating a wide range of contracts
- Engaging with external counsel, when required and ensuring high quality and timely advice is provided within budget
- Making sure the legal team has processes in place to ensure the legal team operates as efficiently and effectively as possible
- Law Degree and a current NZ practicing certificate with at least 8 years post qualification experience
- Property law experience however, prior in-house experience is not necessary
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation, including the Telecommunications Act, Property Law Act and Companies Act.
- Fantastic communication skills in all formats – ability to communicate well to all parts of the organisation and communicate complexity in an understandable way
- A creative approach to problem-solving
- Ability to collaborate effectively with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Willingness to embrace differences and diversity in the workplace and build rapport with colleagues
- A growth mindset and desire for continuous improvement
View position description here.
This is an exciting time to be joining Connexa – working with us will challenge you, broaden your horizons and allow you to make your mark on a totally new segment of New Zealand’s telecommunications industry.
Get in touch at [email protected] or APPLY ONLINE. We look forward to hearing from you