Alliance Group is proud to be a leading food and solutions company. We have been supplying New Zealand's finest grass-fed lamb, beef, and venison for more than 70 years; our food is enjoyed in more than 65 countries around the world. As a 100% New Zealand farmer-owned red meat co-operative, our aim is to maximise returns to our committed farmer shareholders and support them to operate profitable and sustainable farms. To do that we need talented people who want to make a difference to the agricultural sector to join the Alliance team. We are a business employer that is committed to making a difference for families and communities and supporting people to build rewarding careers.
Alliance Group has an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Legal Counsel. We are looking for an experienced person based in our Christchurch office to contribute to providing commercial and legal support to the company. This position reports into the General Counsel.
About the role
This is a new position and will be responsible for providing commercial and legal advice primarily to our procurement and sales teams. This will be a stimulating role with substantial learning and development opportunities within a highly qualified and experienced team.
The Legal Counsel's role will cover four key areas;
- Contract review and negotiation - for customers, suppliers, joint ventures and distributors
- Commercial Support - supporting the risk management programme, management of the IP portfolio and supporting and advising on property matters
- Regulatory and Compliance - supporting the Company Secretary
- Contract Administration - facilitating and administering contract management, and championing our legal systems and processes to future-proof our legal function
We are looking for a three to four year PQE lawyer qualified to practice in NZ who ideally has experience within a manufacturing or exporting environment. A connection to or interest in the agricultural and agribusiness sector is essential, alongside experience within commercial law, preferably in-house.
To be successful in this role you will be the following:
- Pragmatic and commercially minded
- Adaptable and agile
- Confident in your communication skills with a variety of stakeholders
- Experienced in contract drafting and negotiation
- Able to work independently and cross-functionally.
Sounds like your kind of role?
If being encouraged to pursue excellence every day inspires you, you'll fit right in here. Not only do we strive to be the best in New Zealand's market, but we're also a global brand with ongoing projects to keep us moving onwards and upwards. For someone with your motivation to succeed, it doesn't get any better than this. A subsidised medical insurance for you, your spouse/partner, and dependent children is also on offer.
If you believe you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role, we would like to hear from you.
With our ongoing commitment towards health and safety, you'll undergo a pre-employment drug test that will form part of your application.
Applications close on Sunday, 12 December 2021.