As the company integrity team expands, we're on the lookout for a legal professional to join the General Counsel and take day to day responsibility for our busy contract and compliance workload.
About the company
Ravensdown is a farmer owned co-operative within the agricultural sector. We exist to help our farmers optimise soil fertility and productivity to run their businesses in a profitable and sustainable way with a focus on lowering environmental impact. Beyond fertiliser, we provide nutrient management services, technical advice and essential farm inputs delivered how, where and when they are needed by our customers.
About the role
Based out of our Christchurch Office, this is a great opportunity for someone looking to leave private practice or take that next step on an in-house journey. Reporting to the General Counsel, you will collaborate closely to ensure that appropriate and timely legal advice is provided to our business managers. Through applying your expertise and a range of experiences, you'll have the chance to become fully involved in the business and be a key driver of our positive business partnering strategy. You'll also get to run our legal compliance programme, which uses ComplyWith software and face to face training.
With a diverse range of areas to our business including international and domestic procurement, logistics, construction and the sale of products and services, this role would suit someone who wants to join a team full of passionate and high performing people.
This a hands-on, busy role with plenty of variety to further your ongoing development and exposure to NZ's agricultural sector and to learn from an experienced General Counsel.
This is a Full Time role, however, part-time applications will be considered, if details are provided within the cover letter.
- Draft, review and negotiate contracts, providing sound legal advice to maintain the integrity of Ravensdown
- Work with external counsel to maintain and effectively use our contract precedent database
- Implement and monitor Ravensdown's compliance programme, including carrying out online and face to face training
You'll show passion for what you do and possess a trustworthy, down-to-earth nature. You will have excellent communication and relationship-building skills, and a drive to understand the business and what makes our people tick. Your resilience, strong work ethic and flexible approach to finding the best realistic solutions for the business will set you apart.
You will be inquisitive and enjoy the occasional travel to support the business and to build relationships.
Ideal skills and experience:
- Qualified solicitor with a current practising certificate, or ability to obtain
- Minimum four years' post qualification experience in a commercial law practice
- Experience drafting contracts and interpreting legislation
- Ability to be pragmatic and focussed on solutions
- Technology savvy, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Ability to balance a high workload and competing demands
- Excellent benefits package (competitive salary, 5% superannuation, medical insurance, allowances)
- Generous investment in your ongoing training and career development
- Great company culture
- Laptop and mobile phone provided
- Flexible work practises
How to apply
Click HERE to create a profile and submit your CV and cover letter to Stephanie Brickland, Senior HR Advisor.
Applications close on Monday, 24 January 2022.
Ravensdown is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test.
Covid-19 Policy: Ravensdown requires candidates to provide evidence of their 'my vaccine pass' as part of the recruitment process prior to commencing employment. The successful candidate will be required to continue to maintain their vaccination status in accordance with NZ government advice.