- Ideal in-house role for junior or mid-level lawyer
- Vibrant, fun culture with half day Fridays!
- Diverse and stimulating work
- City Work Depot, Auckland CBD
Here is a fantastic career opportunity for a junior or mid-level lawyer seeking an exciting in-house role for 2022!
About the company
Vista Group is an NZX/ASX listed company that provides software and technology solutions to the global film industry. The Group comprises multiple businesses that provide an innovative range of complementary products across the film industry from production and distribution to cinema exhibition through to the experience of the movie goer. Renowned for its creativity, exceptional customer focus and innovative market leading technology, Vista Group has a successful, established track record while retaining the buzz and excitement of a new start up.
About the role
Reporting to the General Counsel and working as part of a vibrant, energetic legal team you will be involved in a vast array of legal work to help manage and mitigate risk for the multiple businesses within the Group. The legal team is deeply integrated with the business, and comprises astute lawyers at the top of their profession. The company is non-hierarchical and full of bright, hard-working, passionate people with whom you will partner to provide sound and timely commercial legal advice. Being a global business, much of the legal work will have an international focus. This includes advice relating to contract drafting; commercial negotiations; new product development, IP matters, corporate transactions, corporate governance, and general compliance matters. In addition, you will be involved in legal project work, ensure the business is updated on legal developments, and instruct and manage external law firms.
What we are looking for:
- Qualified lawyer with NZ practising certificate (or eligibility to hold one)
- Junior to mid-level legal experience gained in private practice or in-house
- Broad corporate and commercial law experience ideally with some IT, IP and/or data protection expertise
- A fast learner with sound problem solving ability
- Ability to build rapport and work effectively with people at all levels
- Flexibility to adapt to change in a fast-paced business environment
- A positive, energetic and enthusiastic personality
- The ability to work with initiative as well as being an effective team member
This is a great opportunity to grow your career within a high calibre, supportive legal team while enjoying a vibrant and social work culture. Vista Group invests in its people, embraces flexible working and offers a range of initiatives to help staff balance their work and personal lives including half day Fridays on full pay, eligibility for company shares, health insurance and subsidized parking. Why wait? This could be the ideal career change you've been hoping for in 2022!
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity and to obtain a copy of the position description, please contact Jennifer Williams at Williams Legal Recruitment Limited on 027 220 8003 or [email protected]