Legal and Commercial Advisor – Generation & Portfolio
- Excellent inhouse opportunity
- Diverse, challenging, and interesting role
- Positively impact the lives of New Zealanders today and into the future
Play a pivotal role delivering legal and commercial services to New Zealand’s second largest gentailer and largest wind generator.
About the role
Mercury is a continually evolving business. Listed on the NZX and ASX, Mercury generates electricity from 100% renewable resources – hydro, geothermal and wind. Mercury is advancing generation development options in response to market price signals and the need to support decarbonisation. As a multi-product utility retailer of electricity, gas, broadband and mobile services, Mercury is focused on delivering wonderful solutions for New Zealanders at home, at work and on the move.
Mercury has an opportunity for a Legal and Commercial Advisor to join their team at this crucial time. Reporting to the General Counsel and collaborating closely with the Legal Business Partner (Generation and Portfolio), you will join a team that is forming and storming at top speed to provide risk based legal and commercial guidance to the Generation and Portfolio and other parts of the business.
A recognised employer of choice, Mercury is a learning, adaptive organisation that is committed to providing you with the opportunities to grow and develop that will benefit you now and in the future. Well supported by your legal colleagues, together you will partner in a proactive, innovative manner across the company’s business units, group companies and joint venture interests.
Join this energised, innovative and agile work environment where you will feel valued as a trusted legal advisor doing great mahi now and into the future.
What we’re looking for
- At least 2 years PQE (either private practice or inhouse), and a current NZ LPC
- Sound commercial contracts experience ideally with particular experience in construction law, commercial property and/or property finance and related matters
- A pragmatic person who enjoys solving challenges in a fast-paced, dynamic organisation, alongside a range of diverse and dynamic teams
- An articulate and confident communicator
- Inhouse experience (i.e. via secondment or other) preferred but not essential
- Relevant industry knowledge is desired but not essential
About the company
Mercury’s mission is Energy Freedom for all New Zealanders. It’s about Aotearoa New Zealand being stronger economically and more sustainable through better use of homegrown, renewable energy. Their company-wide focus of 'Thriving Today, Shaping Tomorrow' is the strategic foundation that underpins how they work together. There has never been a more exciting time to join the team at Mercury – here is your chance!
How do I apply?
Click HERE. Alternatively, contact us directly and quote reference number 1332974.
Application Close Date: 5 pm Wednesday 29 March 2023
Lara Gordon BA LLB (Hons)
027 349 6352 | [email protected]
Kathryn Cross BMus LLB
027 700 8049 | [email protected]
At Artemis Executive Recruitment, we connect remarkable people with great places to work.