Head of NZ M&A
· Accomplished deal maker required!
· Global reach – local focus
· Senior Leadership role
If you’re a lawyer with an impressive deal list and aspire to build a broader business career, then here is an opportunity to position yourself as a leader in the transactional risk and advisory space in New Zealand.
About the role
This true leadership role will allow you to position yourself as a leader in a transactional risk and advisory role in New Zealand. Leading clients through the process of transferring their transactional liability risks (W&I Insurance), you will manage relationships with Private Equity, Law firms, Corporate Advisors and Investment Banks.
Reporting to functional Heads in Australia and New Zealand this role is senior with autonomy. You will be supported by a high performing team of industry leading M&A lawyers and M&A professionals. Your effective stakeholder management skills will see you build and maintain a network of relationships across the New Zealand market. You will liaise with underwriters and internal stakeholder to deliver optimised go-to-market strategies and oversee placement of Transaction Liability products such as W&I Insurance, Tax Liability, Title and Litigation policies.
Your leadership skills will see you providing guidance to other members of this expanding team.
What we’re looking for
· A commercially savvy lawyer with upwards of 10 years’ PQE with a substantial focus on M&A
· Experience with corporate taxation would be highly valued, complemented by a versatile legal skillset and relevant industry experience
· Prior experience working in a multinational ideal, with organisational savvy and the ability to navigate a variety of stakeholder relationships
· A future focused business lawyer who is comfortable providing executive level advice underpinned by a sound pragmatic understanding of commercial imperatives
· Learning agility and can-do mentality with the ability to think creatively and innovatively to solve business issues
About the company
Our client is a market leader with a company vision to empower economic and human possibility. Working with this premier global risk and human capital management advisory firm you will grow alongside some of the best in the business, who genuinely want you to be the best version of yourself.
How do I apply?
Alternatively, contact us directly and quote reference number 1221022.
Lara Gordon BA LLB(Hons) 021 207 6511 | [email protected]
Kathryn Cross BMus LLB 027 700 8049 | [email protected]
At Artemis Executive Recruitment, we connect remarkable people with great places to work.