Lead Advisor, Water
· Are you sick of the corporate treadmill?
· Do you want a fulfilling and challenging role where you can build and maintain relationships, as well as lead Federated Farmers on environmental legislation changes and proposals?
· Do you want to apply your advanced skills, in a stimulating and rewarding environment?
Federated Farmers is the highly influential national voice of rural New Zealand, representing farmers who help generate over 50% of New Zealand’s exports. Federated Farmers role is invaluable to the rural sector, wider community and to our economy.
Federated Farmers is recognised as a leader in evidence-based policy, effective advocacy and delivering results. You will be part of that leadership.
We are recruiting for a Lead Advisor for Water and other RMA environmental issues to join our Policy and Advocacy team. This position preferably would be based in Wellington.
You will be required to provide expert and high-quality advice and submissions.
If you recognise that the primary industry is at the heart of the New Zealand economy and you have a strong understanding of the RMA and the business of farming, here is an opportunity you should not miss.
· Within the RMA, primary or science sector, legal, government or a related industry.
Your skill set should include:
· Ability to develop relationships with farmers, government and stakeholder groups.
· Willingness to take on new challenges
· Competently analyse central government policies and RMA plans, write submissions, reports and provide sound technical advice
· Work on a range of issues predominately relating to water, environmental and regional policy.
Preferably from an RMA planning background, but those with qualifications in law, agriculture, policy, science or a related discipline are also encouraged to apply.
The position is a full time role based preferably in Wellington. You must be eligible to work permanently in New Zealand.
For a copy of the position description and an application form please contact Gillian Bright on email [email protected].